Rang Panchami, a celebration of colours, fun and laughter, is one of the most awaited festivals in India, especially in Mumbai. This Hindu festival is celebrated on the fifth day (Panchami) of the Hindu month of Phagun, which usually falls in March.
Just like any other place around India, Mumbai celebrates this extravaganza festival for two days. Embracing the vibrant Rang Panchami festival in Mumbai is a fantastic way to experience the rich cultural traditions and joyful celebrations of India. This celebration marks the arrival of spring and is a time of fun and merrymaking. Are you ready for an unforgettable celebration of colours, joy and laughter? As you prepare to embark on the vibrant heart of India, you should know IndiGo offers convenience flights from Delhi, Ahmedabad and Goa to Mumbai, making it easier than ever to join in the festivities.
Why Choose Mumbai for Rang Panchami?
- Playful anticipation: The excitement of this festival begins well before the official festive days. Both children and adults eagerly partake in the celebration days in advance. Children who are eager to play with water balloons and colours at least two days in advance, turning the city into a playground of laughter and joy. It’s a time to let your inner child run free and bond with the locals in a playful spirit.
- Spiritual significance: Rang Panchami holds a deep spiritual significance. People gather to offer prayers to the lord and seek blessings for the new year and protection from evil. This happens on the first day of the Rang Panchami. People visit temples to seek blessings and offer prayers. Temple may organise special events, processions, or cultural programs to mark the occasion.
- Community unity: Rang Panchami in Mumbai is a community affair. Residents come together to plan and organize various aspects of the festival. Since food is a significant part of the celebration, locals prepare and share a variety of delicious snacks and sweets with their neighbours. These treats include traditional favourites like puran poli, gujiyas and more.
- Bollywood beats and dance: As the night progresses, the atmosphere becomes increasingly festive. The sound of Bollywood songs fills the air, and people of all ages join in the dancing.
- Colourful revelry: The next day, on Rang Panchami or Shulandi, the real fun begins. Children and adults use brightly coloured powders and splash water balloons to drench each other for a long duration, drink thandai and the famous phrase “bura na maano holi hai” will be on everyone’s tongue.
Rang Panchami in Mumbai is a unique experience that combines spirituality, the magic of colours, and the glamour of Bollywood. It’s an opportunity to immerse yourself in joyous celebrations, create lasting memories, and embrace the spirit of unity in this magnificent city. So, what are you waiting for? Whether it is Ahmedabad to Mumbai flights, Delhi to Mumbai flights, or Goa to Mumbai flights, IndiGo can promise to provide a seamless travel journey so that you are ready to be part of this unforgettable festival. With IndiGo’s 10% discount on the base fare, you can easily do a budget-savvy journey.
Mumbai awaits, ready to paint your world with the colours of Rang Panchami! What are you waiting for? Share in the comment section where you are planning to travel this Rang Panchami.